Showing Your Candle Some Love
Candle Care from 100 Years of Love
Always trim wick to ¼”, removing any carbon build up from previous burn. This helps prevent smoking and allows for a cleaner burn.
Ensure wax is free of debris, including matches, wick trimmings, or any other flammable materials.
In order to get the most out of your candle, burn it until the entire surface melts, this can be 3-4 hours on the first burning. Not allowing the entire surface of the candle to melt can result in tunneling and reduce candle life.
BURNAlways burn candle on a stable, heat resistant surface, away from drafts and flammable materials, and out of the reach of children and pets.
Do not move candle while burning and never leave burning candle unattended.
Burn candle for no longer than 3-4 hours at a time.
POST-BURNTake care to prevent wax splatter when extinguishing flame, and allow wax to completely cool before handling candle.
Once you have lit your candle, keep the lid off – this helps the wax breath and ensures freshness of fragrance. You may however, lid the candle temporarily for ease of traveling.
Use candle within 6 months.
A NOTE ABOUT SOY WAX
Soy wax is a natural wax that is sensitive to changes in temperature. On occasion, you may notice what looks like an air bubble between the wax and the glass – this can occur when soy wax shrinks due to a change in temperature. This is purely cosmetic and does not affect the quality or burning of your 100 Years of Love candle.